Monday, June 16, 2008

For the Father-to-Be

Sunday was Father's Day of course.  All over the place with emotions.  Thinking about my cousins and friends that lost fathers but now have the joy of being father's themselves.  Thinking about my impending fatherhood.  Making sure I was around for my dad and Amy's dad.  What a day.

It was dark out.  The storms lingered from last night.  We all walked over to Amy's aunt Judy's house a few blocks away for breakfast.  Me and my girls!

Alex and Justin and Beverly and Saul were there.  We ate and gossiped.  Somehow we ended up with Facebook on Steve's laptop looking at our wedding pictures wondering if we will ever see our album or video.  Justin made some good, huge pancakes.

Hi Beverly!

The Browns.

This is Murray.  Melissa named him after Murray's Deli.

Give me your paw!

Good boy!

Justin is our professional bike rider.  He is going to be in a race from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh in two weeks!  

We went back and took Jenny for a walk.  Jenny and Murray have the same father!  Can you see the resemblance?  There is no way Jenny is giving you her paw though.

She still hates these belly shots.

Since it wasn't really beach weather, we decided to leave early to spend some time with my family before dinner.  We watched the news earlier and they showed boy scouts building fences to keep the turtles off the road.  As we were crossing the Margate bridge, we saw some of the fencing.  There are turtle crossing signs everywhere but I have never seen a turtle!

It took us almost 3 hours to get to my parents.  There was traffic but we also stopped at Webber's Root Beer.  Amy couldn't believe there were places where you drive up and they bring food to you on a tray that connected to the window. (which you can sort of see next to my head) We couldn't wait for dinner and split a burger and a shake!

We went to Piccolos in Newtown, across from Bev's new house.  Yes, you heard me right, she bought a townhouse in Newtown.  That's exciting and very sudden and unexpected.  She's finally going to leave the Summit afters several years.  Dinner was good.  We ran into my parent's friends Honey and Jerry and their son Steven, who used to date the girls whose wedding we crashed a few weeks ago!  Small world.  

Here are some of the cards I got!  You can say Awwww now!

So back when we started this whole pregnancy thing, we signed up with Babycenter.com.  Every week we get an email from them telling us about the baby.  They show a picture of what he looks like and then give the name of a fruit that is his approximate size and weight.  Amy was following along until we got to Jicama a few weeks ago.  I keep trying to tell her it's a potato like plant from South America but she doesn't believe me.  Anyway, this week he was a honey dew! (I should have done this all along with all the fruits!)(Amy says she never would have gone for it)

No comments: