Sunday, June 8, 2008

Hi Ashley!

Phew, this a long one.  Maybe I should have broken it up.  Like I said, Shabbat dinner Friday night at Adam's house in Ventnor.  Saturday morning we let Amy sleep.  Melissa, her mom and I rode our bikes across Margate, across Ventnor and into Atlantic City.  Should I guess that this guy is a fireman?


The boardwalk starts in Ventnor.


It was really hazy.  It had been cool Friday night and was warming up quickly today.  I took these shots while I was riding Amy's pink bike.  Melissa thought I was crazy.


Speaking of Melissa...


Regency Towers, where my parents and grandmother stay.


I have such great memories of growing up here.  There are still bathing suits there from when I was a baby.  I wonder if I can reuse them?  My kid will be the coolest on the beach in his 70's polyester bathing suit.  


There is Amy's mom.  We made it to Atlantic City but got turned around by the police as it was past the biking hours.  I was ready to get home anyway.  (that's the Hilton in the background)


Hi Mel!


Some more fog shots.


A surfer.  Where are the waves?  Melissa and I picked up 3 sandwiches from Dinos (Tuna, Turkey and Steak) and turtles from Jageilky's candies.  We had quite a feast with Amy then we loaded up the Wonder Wheeler and headed to the beach.  


We went to the Adam's Avenue beach where Amy's aunt and Adam and Ellen sit.  My cousin Jen walked by with Jonah and we followed her back to where they were sitting. We found Mike taking great care of Jacob.


There is Jonah.  That have to keep him moving so he will sleep.  They were telling us you will go to great lengths to keep your kid asleep.  Look at that red hair!  He will be a year old next week!


Where are Jacob's feet?  He's such a cutey too.


Amy's shirt says "All Boy!"  She gets so much attention with that belly.  Everyone watches her as she waddles down the beach.  People come up to us and ask questions and wish us luck.  That's very nice.  I keep telling Amy she looks great and she doesn't believe me but this helps.


I brought the little green computer to the beach.  Adam and Ellen had never seen Facebook before and were curious so we showed them.  I picked up a pretty strong wifi signal on the beach.  It's also amazing how easy the screen is to see the bright sunlight. Here is Ellen, Adam and his sister Jen.  I tried to keep covered as much as possible.  I didn't want a repeat of the crazy forehead burn I got 2 weeks ago.  Everyone else didn't seem to mind the sun, until later.  It was in the upper 90's back in Philly but really cool by the water, probably in the low 70's.


Melissa says I'm Wonder Man when I push the Wonder Wheeler.  (Mark is Wonder Boy).  I have theme song they sing when I'm in action!


Adam and Ellen had a barbeque at their place, which is only 3 blocks from Amy's place. Amy, Melissa and I went to the supermarket to get food then met my sister at Adam's. They had started cooking the chicken and salmon.  We helped with the corn and string beans.  Adam's mom found a fun use for the watermelon!  


Everything was great and we pigged out.


Lenny!  He moves to fast to get a good picture.


I caught Ellen putting the pasta salad in a Johnson's Popcorn bucket.  That's sacrilege! 


The picture is a little fuzzy but cute.  We had Facebook on all night.  Adam couldn't believe all the people on it.  He now wants me to help him set up a page!  You can also get an idea of how sunburned everyone got.  I was proud of myself for being ok but they were all in pain.  I kept reapplying aloe to Amy and Mel's backs.  There's my sister Bev in the back.


Then off to Amy's favorite place again, the Greenhouse!  Ashely and Paige joined us.  Look at these hot babes!   Ashley is supposed to check the blog for the first time so I'm dedicating this post to her!  (she's the pretty blond)


Amy was a good sport and hung out for a while.  She got more compliments on her belly.  


How lucky am I?


A nice shot of Ellen and Adam.


We got home after 1 and this guy was moving across the driveway.  In the morning he was still going but I forgot to take a picture.


We all slept past 10, which is unlike us.  Or at least unlike me.  Amy and Melissa could sleep all day.  It was like a furnace outside so no exercise for us.  We just got ready and went to the beach which was cooler.  Right by the water was the only place to be.  The ocean was in the 60's so it really cooled down the beach.   Amy's shirt today said "I heart Epidurals!"  She got a lot a laughs from that.  She wanted to walk to the Greenhouse to go to the bathroom as soon as we got there but it took forever as you have to stop constantly to talk to people.  Here it's Amy's aunt Judy.


I like the Cadillacs!  Just not the overpriced lunch.


Some beach shots.  


You can just make out Atlantic City through the haze.


Rich and his sister came by to chat.


Scott and Harrah.  We stayed under the umbrella by the water for a couple of hours.  I watched the Phillies game on the green computer.  After a while, we couldn't take the heat anymore so we left.  


After a quick dinner at Steamers with Amy's family, we drove back to the City.  Not to much traffic and a nice sunset made the trip bearable.  It was amazing to watch the temperature gauge increase as we drove West.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Great pictures! I love the one of Mike "taking care of Jacob". Great shot you captured! I think I can use that one for bribery in the future ;)

Great seeing you guys this weekend! Jer, not sure what you are doing on Sat but you are welcome to come to Jonah's party while Amy is busy with her parties!