Tuesday, July 9, 2024

New Carpets!

Last Monday was Melissa's birthday and a crazy day around the house.  First, we were going to switch Aden's room and the twin's room.  The twins were in the small nursery and Aden in the biggest room with 2 closets.  Amy commissioned these murals when we moved in and Aden was a baby.  My suggestion was Star Wars.  She had her heart set on bears reading books so that's what we got.  The bears have grown on me over the years and I will miss them.  We couldn't convince Aden to keep them.  


We added girl bears when Ariel was born.  
We also were going to redo the laundry room.  
Aden's old room.  
Later that day.  The bears were gone!  Aden was checking out his new space.  
I cooked for Melissa's birthday.  I smoked some baked beans.
Chicken cutlets and veggies.  
Aden and Honey.  
Then it was giant donut time!

Cute pic but missing Ariel and Eva.
Mark has been testing Aden on driving.  He might go for his permit Saturday!

Last Tuesday, we got a pic with Noah's bunk.  Cute.  
Aden had tennis lessons.  
We got a nice surprise when the twins got home from camp.  They both won Camper of the Week!  We were shocked but proud.  

That night, Heather and I took the boys to the Southampton Days Festival.  
Feels like we were just here.  That year went fast.  
We did a bunch of rides.  


Love that view.  


Mirror maze time.  


We played some games.  


Had some yummy ice cream.
I definitely was not going on this one.  
I'm surprised the boys wanted to try it.  
That night, we found out they were coming the next day to replace all the carpets upstairs.  That meant, we had to get everything off the floor.  I started taking stuff downstairs.  It was shocking how much we had on the floors.  I realized the bathrooms weren't going to be touched so I started shoving everything in them!  They were piled to the ceiling!
Last Wednesday, we got a couple of camp pics.  

The twin's camp had a talent show.  You can see Eli in the back right trying to dance to the Jackson 5.
I got home and and carpets were gone and some replaced.  

The twin's new room has new carpet!

Aden's new room was a little cluttered.  
Even Ariel got new carpet.  
We left the guys to work and we headed to the shore.  
Aden brought 3 friends down!  They wandered around then hit the hot tub.  

 

No comments: