Wednesday, August 14, 2013

America's Got Talent

Sammy and Burghy came to visit.  Two of Ariel's favorites!
 Jason played duck duck goose with the kids.

 Yes, that's daddy's cereal.
 Tuesday morning we had some crazy storms.  The first two ways I tried to get to work were flooded.
 I met Amy and Ariel at Chipotle for lunch.
 How's that rice bowl Ariel?
 I took the train to New York to see the live broadcast of America's Got Talent.  I have been listening to Howard Stern talk about how great it is to be there for 2 years and finally had a chance to go.  I splurged for the Amtrak train and got there in about 50 minutes.  On the walk to Radio City Music Hall I passed Parsons.  "Make it work people!" (That will be my only Project Runway reference today, I promise)
 Times Square.
 Packed as usual.
 Long line to pick up tickets.  The rain had stopped but it was super humid.  I was drenched!

 Got 'em!
 I met Jason and we had dinner at Bill's Burgers.  That was one tasty milkshake!
 It was too early to go in to the show so...
 we went to Magnolia Cafe for some sweets.
 My first time inside Radio City.  It was amazing!
 We were on the first balcony.
 It was so cool watching how the show is put together.
 If you look closely, you can see Howard Stern, Heidi Klum (in an incredibly short skirt), Mel B and Howie Mandel.
 I thought most of the acts were great but the judges were really hard on them.
 We left just before the last act to run to Penn Station.
 11:00 on a Tuesday night and Times Square was still packed.  It's crazy to think what's going on in the world when we would normally be in bed!  I was home by 12:45.  Not too bad.

No comments: