Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Consecration

Rainy day but still warm.  Ariel and I got soaked when I picked her up but I will take it if I don't have to wear a jacket.

Sunday morning we had Aden's Consecration at Shir Ami.  I'm not entirely sure what that means but it something along the lines of first graders being accepted to Hebrew School by receiving some prayers and their own mini torahs.  I was glad my grandmother got to come.
 Yay Aden!
 They went up on the bima for their prayers.
 They then sang to us.
 Then got their little torahs.
 There is Aden going back to his seat with his.  Of course Ariel followed.

 Then we went to the Sukkah for a little prayer.

Aden and Ariel waiting patiently to shake the lulav and etrog.
They had a kind of strange setup for snack.  Totally random foods that didn't really go together but it was nice to hang out.
 Ariel made friends right away.
 Proud papa.
 That's my boy!
 Aden started warming up to the kids too after a while.
 The kids wanted to stop by Aden's class to color a little.

 Ariel playing Zingo by herself.
 Trying on his costume.  He really scared Ariel.
 It is a little creepy.
It's hard to tell but you can just about make out Aden walking with Benjy and Winston to school.  The backpack is bigger than him, but he wants to walk.  
 Ariel at school.
I ran into an old neighbor.  Judy would love to tell you that she knew me before I was born!  And she did!  Our backyards touched and her son and I have the same birthday!  We had lots of fun in those backyards.  One strong memory I have of her is the day John Lennon died.  I went over their house and she was laying on the floor with headphones on listening to Beatles LPs and crying.

No comments: