Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Smoked Turkey

It's Wednesday night.  It's been pouring all day.  I just want to curl up in bed but I have to drive Aden to Hebrew school.  Then cook dinner.  Then play with the kids.  Then pick up Aden.  Then get the kids to sleep.  Then clean the kitchen.  Ahhh!  So last Thursday was Thanksgiving!  I had been planning on smoking a turkey for ages.  There was a lot of prep work and research to do.  I couldn't wait to try it!  Of course Amy had no interest in it and asked her mom to roast a turkey.  I brined it the night before.  I seasoned it, injected it with spiced butter and threw it on the smoker around 9 am.  
We cleaned the house then I took the kids out.  We found a new playground.  


Ariel chilled in the car.  
I came back to check on the turkey.  After about 6 hours, I slathered it in cranberry barbecue sauce.  
The finished product.  I have to say this looks so much more interesting then the all the beige oven cooked turkeys I saw on Facebook.  

It looked good cut up too.  
My mom and Amy's mom made a ton of food.  I also smoked some corn.  
I think most everyone tried my turkey but Aden and I were the only ones that really ate it.  Aden was in love.  Every bite was so moist and flavorful.  

Ariel got some new Jordans for her birthday.  

Stylin'
It was a great night.  
Later that night, after we cleaned up, I helped Ariel make some chocolate covered pretzels.  
A nice late night snack.

 

No comments: