Monday, July 7, 2008

Bugaboo

On the way home from the Shore we stopped at buybuy Baby in Cherry Hill.  Jason told us it was a really nice place and he was right.  It's a chain owned by Bed, Bath and Beyond and so far beyond Babies-R-Us, there is no comparison.  In fact, I told Amy to un-register at Babies-R-Us and re-register here!  So far the Cherry Hill store is the only one in the Philadelphia area but they are building more.

We were coming to get the Bugaboo Chameleon stroller.  (the red one in the window).  We had deliberated for months about which stroller to get.  The Bugaboo is really good for walking around in the City.  It has big wheels and shock absorbers.  Since it looks like we are not moving anytime soon, we decided to go for it.  Also, you can attach the infant car seat to it (in our case the Graco Snugride) and the bassinet and seat it comes with, so it covers from newborn to several years old.  You also get to choose your fabrics.  You can get about 10 different base colors and almost as many accent colors in canvas or fleece.  We had decided on the color combination long ago.  One of the few decisions we have ever made ahead of time.  The red is very common so we wanted to go with something different.

I was all ready to go!  The girl said it was easy to put together.  You just have to attach the wheels.

Ok, I see a stroller and some wheels.  Not looking too bad...

What?!?!  Way more to do than just the wheels!  It took me hours to get it together!  I'm going to have to give that girl a piece of my mind!

The amount of parts seemed to keep growing!

I took a break about here.  Melissa and Mark stopped by and laughed at me.

I got really stuck on the sun shade.  Maybe I will just give him sunglasses!

The bassinet has a special mattress so that the baby can sleep in it.  It is porous so that if the baby somehow ends up on his belly, he can still breathe.  Our place is two floors, so we will leave it on the main floor if he needs to sleep and if we make it down the Shore at the end of the Summer he can use it there too.

Ta Da!  Do you guys like the color combo?  I finally figured out the sun shade.

Do I look ready or scared?  I told Amy we should throw in a doll and practice!

Last Thursday, before the Shore, my diaper bag arrived!  It's awesome.  (for a male diaper bag that is). So soft!  Look how it matches the stroller!  Baby Boy Wexler and his dad are going to be stylin'!

No comments: