Monday, July 28, 2008

The Stephan Jonas 1 Mile Walk

Sunday morning, Aden and I picked up Beverly at 7 and headed to the Hilton.  A friend of my uncle's died several years ago and his wife started a charity event for him.  My uncle went every year and participated.  Now that my uncle passed, they decided to rename part of the event for him.  

It was a beautiful morning.  I can't believe Beverly was able to get up.  Amy wasn't feeling well so I let her sleep in.

Aden wanted to do the 5k run but I talked him into the 1 mile walk!

A group of people from work came.  That was amazing of them.

Genny liked to see the baby.  I don't even remember her being this small.  

Leo, Rebecca, Genny and my aunt are headed to Africa later in the day!

We had tons of family and friends that came out.  It was really nice of everyone.

Melissa and my cousins, Jen, Cheryl and Bob.

The view of the finish line.  Almost there...

We didn't win this time (yes, there were prizes) so Aden and I are going to be doing a lot of training before next year!

Melissa came in third, in the 1 mile walk.  I don't know if that's something to be proud of or not.

Jen and Cheryl and the boys, Jacob and Jonah, whose middle name is Aden!

Here is a rare sight.  Amy's dad with the stroller!

Genny and Jonah are close in age.

Aden had a great day.  Didn't cry at all.  Everyone wanted to see him.  When I pulled him out of the stroller there a collective "aaawwww" from all around the boardwalk.

I only let him gamble a little.  I don't want him to form any bad habits!

No comments: