Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Time Has Come!

So the contractions have started!  It's now around 12 on Friday night and we are at Amy's parent's house.  This morning Amy went to the chiropractor and they manipulated the pressure points on her feet, which is supposed to start labor.  Her back is really hurting her and I think she just wants this over already.  The due date is Friday, the 18th, but she's ready.  After a quick trip to Babies R Us we headed to my parent's house.

I can't believe that float kept her up!

Adam, Kasia and Liana came over.

She is a big girl at 2 1/2 and loves to swim.

Of course I had to check Facebook.

Such a nice day.  I think we were missed on the beach in Margate.  Everyone must have been wondering where Amy was.

She looks so much like Adam!

She speaks both Polish and English very well and goes back and forth.  That will be a good party trick one day.

Back to Adam's new house we ate outside.  Amy was having random contractions during the day but started to become regular.  They are about 10 minutes apart now! Amy and I almost bought the house across the street.  We should have, it would have been great being their neighbors.  Kasia is in the second trimester with her second daughter.  She was helping Amy through the contractions.

Still can't tell from the back!

Miku loved the fig I gave him.

Babies in the oven!


I don't know if we are ready for this but I guess no one ever is, you just do what you have to do. Luckily we brought her hospital bag with us.  I really wanted to get the mailing labels for the announcements done ahead of time but oh well.  We have been getting calls all night from our family at the Shore, who happen to have had a few drinks, wanting to know what was going on.  We aren't ready to call the doctor yet but that will probably come sometime Sunday.  Wish us luck!

No comments: