Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Melissa!!!

Yesterday was Melissa'a 25th Birthday!  Isn't she becoming a beautiful young lady? Amy and I, and Ashley and Josh met Melissa and Mark at the Water Works restaurant behind the Art Museum for dinner.  Melissa had to work but the all the old people were sweet and wished her a Happy Birthday.  

Ashley and Josh.  They make a cute couple!  Josh was in Amy's class in Mulhenburg but they didn't know each other despite the fact there was like 100 people in the class.  

Pretty girls!

Amy had her usual crab cakes.  I think the baby is going to come out with claws.  The food took a while to come but it was very good when it did.  My steak was excellent.

The pictures are a little out of order, I usually try and make them chronological but the people were the most important part this time.  We lucked out and got a good parking space.  This was the view of the Shuylkill River as we were walking to the restaurant.

This probably doesn't also go for Jenny.

This was the original pumping station that took water from the Schuylkill River for the City's use.  That was stopped in the 1800's as the water got too polluted to use.  I think it's a little better now, but I still wouldn't drink it!

The restaurant and a museum were put in recently.

They have seating outside on the River.  

That's the Zoo Balloon in the background over Boathouse Row.  

There were some hip and happening people there, including the head of the Philadelphia Film Office.  She is responsible for getting movies filmed here.  She's become friends with a lot of movie stars.

Sunset.  After I took this picture, my camera stopped working.  The rest of the pictures of us eating cake by the River are on Melissa's camera so I will have to get them from her later.  Amy went to Hesh's in the Northeast and picked up a yummy chocolate chip pound cake.  Melissa's computer charging cable stopped working weeks ago.  She has been charging using my cable on the weekends at the Shore but by Tuesday, the computer is usually dead.  So, before dinner, she called me asked me to see if anyone wrote on her wall on Facebook.  She really thought that maybe no one would remember.  Let's just say she got tons of messages.  Everyone loves Mel!

No comments: